Saturday, April 24, 2010

FACES OF RESCUE 100 CATS: Chrysler -Redux 3/100

"Chrysler" 8x8 Oil on Panel
Sold
I am extremely critical about my work and over the last couple of weeks I was beating myself over the painting of Chrysler - the cat #3 in the Faces of rescue project..I found it way to flat and not bright enough!
I was just about to varnish the original painting and ship it to the owner, but something inside me stopped me and forced me to try and create another version... Well here it is...

"Chrysler" - original #3 cat version

Chrysler


1 comment:

Dean Grey said...

Hmmm....

Personally I like the original version better.

The pinks just popped against all that turquoise. The altered version is a bit too "safe" and normal looking now.

Not a bad thing but I just prefer the "louder" quality of the first pic.

-Dean