Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SUNFLOWER PAINTING AND ARTIST RECEPTION

Last night I felt like experimenting with a different cropping. For some reason, as an artist,  I tend to gravitate towards either the square or elongated formats. Unless it's a commissioned painting, I don't tend to use the more standard sizes in my paintings, such as 5x7, 8x10, 9x12...etc.. It's weird , I know...but I feel much more at home on a square or any combo of squares..Here we have sunflower bouquet cropped to fit on a 6x12... Pretty cool crop!



UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
6 x 12  -  Oil on Panel

Available $150
www.olgawagner.com

For the month of July, some of my most recent work will be exhibited at Local Color Gallery as part of a Group Show " Summer Colors".  The Opening Reception is this coming Friday from 6pm till 9pm.  I would love to see you there!


Some of my work framed and hanging at the gallery!
 










No comments: