Sunday, July 8, 2012

LARGE COLORFUL HORSE WITH FLOWING MANE

This painting has been about 1 yr in the making. I sketched it and started laying out the foundation colors and then kind of lost my vision for the painting. My mojo hit a wall and I just could not proceed with it...I knew that the painting had amazing potential and I did not want to ruin it by working on it with out some sort of VISION...

Well...It is amazing how things fall into place... Yesterday, while vacuuming, the painting caught my eye and there it went onto the easel.. At that moment I could see were I wanted to go with it...It was probably my minds way of getting me out of vacuuming, but who am I to complain! Housework can wait, while inspiration needs to be acted upon...




GLAMOUR PERSONIFIED
30" x 30" x 1.5"  -  Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

AVAILABLE
www.olgawagner.com


Here is the painting in my studio, patiently waiting for it's time in the limelight.  I really believe that  great paintings cannot be forced. They are born during the perfect storm of inspiration, love of subject and a colorful palette!










No comments: