Monday, September 1, 2014

SOLD - "Loving Color" Day 1 - ORIGINAL HYACINTH MACAW PAINTING in OIlS by OLGA WAGNER

Once again, I am participating in a 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge that is organized by Leslie Saeta. For the next 30 days I will be pushing the color envelope on my paintings , especially the ones of white subjects. I find white a bit tricky to paint and would like to get a bit more comfortable with it...

I am starting of with a perfect subject for color practice - a gorgeous Blue Hyacinth Macaw Parrot... Hyacinth is the largest by length out of all parrots and absolutely beautiful!




                                                                      Blue Hyacinth
6x6 Oil on Panel
SOLD






Displayed on a decorative easel











2 comments:

Scarlet Owl said...

I hope to paint a parrot this month too Olga. Love the color in yours!
Happy challenge painting! Aimee

Olga said...

Love parrots, but found this one harder to paint than expected :) I will definitely paint more of these...

Happy painting to you too!