Thursday, November 3, 2011

COW ON TEXTURED BACKGROUND - SOLD

I took a slightly different approach with this oil painting. I first started with a textured acrylic background... Once dry, I proceeded working on the cow with oils. As always - it pays to try different things - I really like the end result! This one would make a great Christmas for a true cow connoisseur...

MELANCHOLY COW
20 x 20 x 1.5 Oil/Acrylics on Gallery Style Canvas

SOLD

Shown hanging on the wall - looks really cool!


Textures background

2 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous cow and all your cats and dogs...what marvelous work you do! I think you found a new "fan"...
I love how you abstract your work...i.e.that red lily from 2009 that you turned into a masterpiece...wow,,,,maybe that means there is hope for all of us after all:) Now I have to go dig up some of my old work. Have fun watching your paint drying.........

Olga Wagner said...

Cynthia - There is HOPE for all! I have been having fun reworking some old paintings - I am amazed how my style grows and matures with more practice and work... Don't forget to have fun!