Saturday, February 19, 2011

FACES of RESCUE 100 CATS - KELSO 55/100

KELSO - 8x8 Oil on Panel
Kelso
Kelso's owner writes:
"I had always wanted a Tuxedo kitty, but nothing prepared me for Kelso! Splash, our beloved Siamese, had just passed away from Cancer, and I was at my vet's office finalizing some paperwork. Dr. Green, our wonderful vet and great friend, mentioned that 4 tiny kittens had been abandoned in their parking lot that weekend and were being bottle fed by the staff there. She mentioned that one was a male Tuxedo, and he was very fiesty and active even at two weeks of age. I was still so upset from loosing Splash that Dr. Green felt like I needed cheering up, so she showed me the kittens. It was love at first sight with this silly little boy, and we named him after my crazy and fun Uncle Kelso. He is still a busy boy to this day and keeps the rest of our kitties on their toes! "

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your narrative of how you came to acquiring Kelso. Your pasion for cats shows in your talent painint him and others. Thank you for caring about the rescues and memorializing them with images to last an eternity. The best to you and your career as a painter. You are talented.