Saturday, January 15, 2011

RED and WHITE KITTEN

So...Last year I started working on a painting inspired by a golden kitten that was in the adoption program at Safe Haven for Cats in 2008. Shoebox was his name and he had the biggest Golden eyes that I have ever seen. I abandoned that painting...Somehow the image that I had in my head did not translate well to the canvas. If you look at the bottom image you can sort of see that the colors and layout was very BLAHHHH.

Last night while rearranging my studio I found that canvas and decided to rework it. Looking for inspiration from my red and white boy "Mr. Biggelsworth", I added white marking to this kitten and totally took away the blueish background. Now the paintings seems united and kitten pops right at you!

"IT'S A KITTEN" - 16 x 20 x 1.5 Oil On Canvas
Available

1 comment:

Rick Nilson said...

you paint thee best cats.