Saturday, December 27, 2008

Different Strokes Challenge

"Red Locks" - 8x8 Oil on Masonite
.
I painted this piece as a part of Karin Jurick's end of the year challenge for her "Different Strokes From Different Folks" blog. A total of 130 artists swapped photos and all resulting paintings will be posted on the blog. I don't know who this beautiful woman is, but I know that I would kill for her gorgeous red locks... I have serious hair envy!

I just found out that this unbelievably fabulous hair belongs to Gretchen Matta from Mesa AZ. Her work is absolutely incredible. Click here to visit her Blog.




2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

What gorgeous hair - I always like it when subjects have got "big hair"! :)

Unknown said...

I love how you captured the uplighting on her image. She absolutely glows!